This part of the text is a small part of the Siva Devaguru Brihaspati Centre sessions on conjunctions or yutis of various planets.
Chandra Mangala Yoga is actually yuti or conjunction of Chandra and Mangala in any house.
Grahas conjoined Chandra do the following:
1. They do influence the pranas, longevity and health
2. They create the tide (grahana) within our mind, and influence the mental and emotional aptitude
3. They impose their infleunce on our attitude and social consciousness. They show external desires of the mind.
Please, caculate the guna chakra so that you can understand the change of Gunas and predominant guna and graha over this conjunction.Therefore, this conjunction gives following effects in short:
1. strong pranas however they are moving and consuming fast, good vitality, dangerous for longevity or accidents, heart /blood related problems,
2. fighting mind and spirit, self protective, desire to rule and influence others, desire to top the soceity in chosen subject, irritated, aggressive, vindictive and dangerous, oppresive
3. family suffers, spouse suffers, not giving, extremes in social behaviour etc
1.Our tradition calls this Yoga Bagala Yoga
Natives with this yoga are extremelly strong, and have strong genes of Mother.They are very tough and have big fighting power.If they worship Bagala Devi, they will have long life, strong pranas and be successful and victorious.
Chandra is food, and food is something that runs our life. Humans can not live without food, and many times we speak about spirituality, strong mind, power of the mind, and tones of the books are written on the subject of mind and its control.However, the real control we have over the mind is quite disappointing. If you want to test the control over your mind,just stop giving "it " food. Try to be without food for a few days and you will understand what power your mind has over you and your behaviour. If we think more about this, we will understand why all religions and spiritual teachings advise fasting as a very solid means to gain control over the mind.
Now, the simple thing is to equate mind and food. So when you look at Mangal conjunction with Chandra, you can understand that mangal will enter your body each time you eat. Having in mind that "what we eat we become", each time when you take food, you will become Mangal. That is the true story of this conjunction. For that reason, our tradition teaches certain Mantras from Upanishads or Shri Rudram, which are very good to recite before taking food, so that at least we can avoid bad infleunce of Mangal.
Chandra Mangala Yoga therefore, has very bad infleunce over your mind unless you do adequate mantras. It will surely give divorce and break home, and I beleive I could write a volume on this subject.
Most of classical texts list this yoga as a wealth giving combination. Chandra is the giver of resources, and first Mother gives to Agni tatva, the energy. Therefore, the first exchange is on the level of Chandra and Mangala. So this Yoga indeed gives wealth. Both grahas are karakas for the 4th house (chandra is overall karaka, while Mangal is karaka for lands, territory). To understand this better one should understand chandra yogas and 5 tatvas as 5 types of wealth in modern society. So Chandra Mangala Yoga indeed gives one type of wealth. Chandra and Mangal are both Sthira karaka for mother and rule blood. Keep in mind that each graha holds its debilitation sign (Mangal is neecha in Chandra sign, and Chandra is neecha in Mangal sign). Therefore, both cannot be strong at the same time. If they are conjoined only one can be strong. If Chandra is strong, health and pranas win, if Mangal is strong, celibacy, strength and property are there.
The main difference lies in the house where chandra and mangala are placed. THere are different infleunces on the houses:
In the Lagna, Mangal is stronger
2nd bhava- Chandra is stronger
3rd bhava- Mangal is stronger
4. bhava-Chandra is stronger
5. bhava-Mangal is stronger
6. bhava- Mangal is stronger
7.bhava-Chandra is stronger
8. bhava-Mangal is stronger
9. bhava-Mangal is stronger
10.bhava-Mangal is stronger
11. bhava-Chandra is stronger
12.bhava-Chandra is stronger
Therefore, each house will decide which planet among two, Chandra or Mangal dominates the Yoga. IF chandra is stronger, satvic qualities dominate the Yoga, and bad shades of Yogas are lesser. Rudra turns calms down due to the blessing of Devi- Mother
If mangal dominates the Yoga, Rudra is very angry and can create serious problems (apart from other good effects given by this Yoga)
I will give you the general effects of the Yoga
1. Lagna- a lot depends on Signs, in Mesha, Vrishaba and Karka, this Yoga is very Good, otherwise, health may suffer. It will damage severely the health of the children, particularly first child
2. In 2nd house this Yoga gives wealth and prosperity, however heart problems or accidents. It will destroy enemies and uncle family.
3. In 3rd house this Yoga gives dynamism and love for change of environment, worried mind and troubles, yet partner may die early. It will cause bad health or death of the spouse
4. In 4th house yoga is excellent, however a person lacks drive, initiative and is not physically but mentally strong. Brothers and sisters are damaged. It will damage own longevity and health
5. In the 5th house, this Yoga causes rash and troublesome nature, but power. Mother will suffer, as well as father's health and longevity
6. In 6th house, this Yoga causes accidents and problems, enemies, troubles to children. Boss will die with this combination.
7. In 7th house, this Yoga gives wealth, popularity, yet harms marriage, relationships and gives heart troubles, yet a person will destroy enemies. Friends and elder siblings will greatly suffer
8. In 8th house Yoga is most destructive, it gives inheritance and money yet may cut longevity. It can also kill the spouse.
9. In 9th house this Yoga gives power, authority, prosperity yet short life or accidents.
10. In 10th house this Yoga gives physical strength, profitable job/carreer, yet mental weakness, troubles to father, and family members.
11. In 11th house this Yoga gives a lot of friends and social activity, and social concerns and good income, yet a person may lack an ambition if Mangal is in a weak sign. It will also greatly damage the younger siblings.
12. In 12th house, this Yoga gives deformity, expanses, foreign luck, debts, destroys elder siblings and friends. This combination can give short life to a mother.
Sasi Mangala Yoga is the Rudra Yoga, and it is extensively used in longevity calculations. For example, if in trines, the life is upto 60 years, while any sula dasa aspected by these two planets can cause dangers from death.